Lucy F. Reichard, 89, of Lewisburg, died Saturday, August 11, 2018 at Buffalo Valley Lutheran Village, Lewisburg.
She was born July 8, 1929 in Irish Valley, a daughter of the late William M. and Myrtle Helen (Haupt) Freedline. On April 1, 1950 she married Kenneth E. Reichard, who preceded her in death September 18, 2014. Together they celebrated 64 years of marriage.
Lucy was a 1947 graduate of Sunbury High School. She worked at various local factories and assisted her husband with his business, K. E. Reichard Heating and Plumbing, for many years.
Lucy was a member of the Reformed Baptist Church, Lewisburg, where she served as pianist and was known for making pies for church events.
She loved traveling and took many bus trips with her husband. Lucy was an avid bowler and enjoyed playing on leagues. She was fond of Penn State and the NY Mets. Most of all Lucy loved spending time with her children and grandchildren.
Surviving are three sons and one daughter-in-law, Dennis and Pam Reichard, of Mifflintown, Jeffrey Reichard, of Lewisburg, and Stephen Reichard; a sister, Helen Tobias, of Sunbury; a niece Carole Leininger, of Shamokin Dam; eight grandchildren, Rebecca, Isaac, Daniel, Elisabeth, Andrew, Timothy, Holly and Melissa; and numerous great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren.
In addition to her parents and husband, she was predeceased by two daughters in infancy; a sister, Dorothy Leininger; and a brother, Graham Freedline.
Friends will be received from 10 to 11 a.m. Thursday at the Reformed Baptist Church, 830 Buffalo Rd, Lewisburg, PA 17837, where a funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. with her pastor, Rev. Lance Fessler, officiating.
Burial will follow in Northumberland Memorial Park, Stonington.
The family will provide the flowers and suggests memorial contributions be made to either the Reformed Baptist Church, 830 Buffalo Rd, Lewisburg, PA 17837 or Buffalo Valley Lutheran Village, 189 E. Tressler Boulevard, Lewisburg, PA 17837.
The family is being assisted by Cronrath-Grenoble Funeral Home, 106 S. Second St., Lewisburg.